View Single Post

Old 01-15-2021, 05:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Jan. 15 No. 3
My third release of the Original 16 series is the 1968 Hot Wheels Custom Cougar.

The Mattel model is based on the 1967 Mercury Cougar street car and is another Harry Bradley design.
The Hot Wheels Cougar diecast model was produced from 1968 to 1970 and retooled in 2018.

Originally produced in only two colors (Spectraflame Blue and Spectraflame Orange) with colour keyed interiors,
later models were produced in other Spectraflame finishes.
Some models also featured a a painted black "vinyl" roof.

Like many other of the Redline models, the Custom Cougar featured an opening Engine Hood and detailed engine bay casting.
Also like many other models, the car featured side zoomie exhaust tips molded into the bare metal ZAMAC base casting.

ZAMAC is an acronym for the Zinc, Aluminum, Magnesium, and Copper alloy which is the metal used for all Hot Wheels diecast toys.

The Original 16 cars were almost entirely made of cast metal, with plastic only used for wheels, interiors and windows.
More modern Hot Wheels toys feature plastic bases and/or body parts in place of metal castings.

As with my other Koolwheelz versions, this Hot Wheels paper model sheet features the companion Custom Cougar Collectors Badge.

The scale is just slightly larger than the real thing, but with Koolwheelz styling ...and its a fairly simple build.
Once again, a basic assembly diagram is included on the Model Sheet.

Look for it in the ShowRodz-Toys-Hot Wheels Original 16 section of Koolwheelz!