View Single Post

Old 01-17-2021, 01:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Caproni Ca-111

Dear All:

This is a plane that I wanted to build before I knew I was a paper modeler when I discovered Zio's planes. I remember that I cut it about 10 years ago but it disappear. Last year my interest reemerged from the Ca.111 used by Peru. I always liked it and its bigger brother the Ca.133 but those engine pods and the landing gear have deterred me.

The build was surprisingly smooth, but I have seen Pericles' and Sergio's builds in preparation (thank you guys). The landing gear is a bit challenging so I glue digitally the spats and the supporting beam. I modified the bottom of the fuselage to be easier to glue, and jointed digitally the entire wing. Of course I omitted some pieces but I am very happy with the product. Could it had been better: Yes!

I am placing the plane here because Il Duce also picked the wrong enemy, and although I have no firm information about any Ca.111 being in North or East Africa during WWII, they could have been there like the F.190. There are some reports of the type wearing roundels, after the armistice.

I hope you like it. Here with other Italian planes, and with a grasshopper for contrast. The Ca.111 was very big for a mono motor, and look it next to the Caproni 97!
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3010.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3011.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3007.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3008.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3009.jpg  

Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3012.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3013.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3015.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3016.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3017.jpg  

Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3018.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3019.jpg