View Single Post

Old 01-17-2021, 07:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Vintage from Denmark

Inspired by various threads on this forum, I am beginning to get a thing for Vintage, especially from Denmark. The two-weekly Illustreret Familie Journal was first published by publisher Allers in 1877 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and later also had Norwegian and Swedish editions. Ballermann also printed and published paper models.

As far as I have seen, the models were the same size as the magazine - so slightly larger than modern A3 ca 30x42 cm, or 11-3/4 x 16-1/2 inch.
Google points the way to endless pictures, often good enough to copy and print. I generally use the 'automatic color correction' button in Photoshop it makes colors and backgrounds a bit brighter, without changing the 'oldie' athmosphere.
I always scale down to fit A4: no problem as long as the original reproduction is good enough to read the letters and numbers at that size. Smaller parts are sometimes a bit fiddly, but nothing like the well known Micromodels!

One reason why I like them so much: a model can generally be finished in just a few sessions of an hour or so. Also, tyhe colouring is really charming, mainly because of the paints that were used in lithography. A very interesting subject, worth having a look at.
These are the latest ones I did - Rosenborg Castle in Copenhagen (b-d-h 18x11x15 cms) and the rotating Cinderella fairy tale (diam. 15, h. 8 cms).The pictures show two of the four scenes: Cinderella being bullied by the stepsisters, and C. running away at midnight, leaving the Prince with the glass slipper in his hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage from Denmark-rosenborg-copenhagen-2-web.jpg   Vintage from Denmark-rosenborg-copenhagen-1-web.jpg   Vintage from Denmark-cinderella-1-web.jpg   Vintage from Denmark-cinderella-2-web.jpg