View Single Post

Old 01-25-2021, 06:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you, men.

@Mike - as far as I know, such decorations appeared on the stern, sometimes they were sea scenes, sometimes panoramas of the home ports, sometimes allegorical scenes related to the name of the ship. Of course, at a certain point in time, simply the name of the ship began to appear here.
On Polish forums I have already been hit, because such a panorama breaks the "taboo" surrounding ships from Oliwa. Especially that this painting comes from around 1650, so it is later than the ship :-) I am also considering a painting of a sea creature similar to Meerman's imagination, as well as empty boards due to the fact that the royal budget was small. Such a painter, however, expected some payment. The modeller will be able to choose decorations on the stern.

@Ab -thank you. Your opinion, especially on the subject of Dutch boatbuilding, cannot be overestimated.

@John - No, "7 Provinces" is doing well, but it is such a large project that sometimes it has to mature like good wine.

@Dancooper - I am not surprised that you have already met this model, because as I wrote, it is a legend among Polish brothers of boatbuilding modelers and basically every self-respecting Polish boatbuilder has to build "Meermann". There are probably dozens of "Meermanns" on Polish modeling forums.

Best
Tomek