View Single Post

Old 01-27-2021, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 56.40 MB
My printer stopped working a year ago, so my test-building came to a screeching halt. However, I just discovered that it is a glitch in my newer computer, and the printer works fine in my older one, so ....

I have virtually all the plastic 1:1250 Wiking WW2 warships, except for the super-rare USS Augusta heavy cruisers, of which I want 2. Having already done the Wichita and San Francisco models I may just go ahead and build them at 1:1200. (In fact, I may have already started Wichita, or is that at 1:1800? Hmm ....)

HOWEVER, comma, outside the ancient Pyro Shokaku and Pyro and also MiniShips/ESCI/Revell/etc. Yamato, 1:12xx plastic Japanese ships are scarce, so I'll downsize my Shiratsuyu destroyer and Jintsu light cruiser, but that still leaves the Japanese heavy cruisers and most crucially the Kongo class ... which I am now resuming work on.

Again, there is no excuse for American model and/or toy companies not coming out with 1:1200 plastic task force sets of WW2 U.S. and Japanese ships, having a battleship, a carrier, a couple cruisers, 4 destroyers, a sub, and for us (tiny) PT boats. American businessmen could never grasp the down on your knees on your living room rug play value - just like the admirals did for real in our Naval War College before WW2 and computers - of cheap task force sets.

Maybe I'll do a set and put it up on Wargame Vault for a relative pittance.