View Single Post

Old 01-29-2021, 05:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCoatney View Post
HOWEVER, comma, outside the ancient Pyro Shokaku and Pyro and also MiniShips/ESCI/Revell/etc. Yamato, 1:12xx plastic Japanese ships are scarce, so I'll downsize my Shiratsuyu destroyer and Jintsu light cruiser, but that still leaves the Japanese heavy cruisers and most crucially the Kongo class ... which I am now resuming work on.

Again, there is no excuse for American model and/or toy companies not coming out with 1:1200 plastic task force sets of WW2 U.S. and Japanese ships, having a battleship, a carrier, a couple cruisers, 4 destroyers, a sub, and for us (tiny) PT boats. American businessmen could never grasp the down on your knees on your living room rug play value - just like the admirals did for real in our Naval War College before WW2 and computers - of cheap task force sets.
The only US model company that comes to my mind to have 1:1200 1:1250 plastic kits of ww2 Japanese ships is Lindbergh, (the duo Yamato \ Zuikaku kit), so it actually proves your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCoatney View Post
I have free model ship plans on my early Lou Coatney: Home Page and at Free Cardstock Paper Model World War 2/II Warships

WARNING: I'm 74 and have had 4 heart attacks. The Tripod page may always be there (and I need to clean it up), but CoatneyHistory has to be renewed every year, so any game or model ship plans you could ever want should be printed off NOW
(Remember Fabrizio (Zio) Prudenziati's beautiful models suddenly disappearing from Internet with his death?).
I can assure you your paper models have been saved to the Webarchive (by me and others) multiple times. Have been trying to save the rest of your boardgame website as well, but that's an effort that will take a bit longer than an afternoon. But working on it.

Fabrizio (Zio) Prudenziati's website has been saved to the Webarchive as well, and I read some time ago on this forum someone restored his website and released it online again

In Michael Ainsworth's "Warships in Miniature" there's a 1:1200 plan of IJN Hiei. Are you interested in a scanned version of that plan, or is it already in your possession?

You might like this website with mini ships. You'll find a mini version of IJN Hiei, besides several carriers, seaplane tenders and offcourse the Yamato

For some reasons the webdesigner made some unfortunate choices in "decorating" his website with a background image, so it's a bit confusing to find your way on this site. But there is a "modern" section, with a JMSDF subsection (with another Hiei), a US Navy subsection, and Russian Nuclear submarine Kursk, and also an "allied" ww2 section as well

On another website you'll find this 1:1200 model of IJN Chokai

From the same designer, this is light cruiser IJN Oyodo, also in 1:1200

Sheets to be printed on grey and brown paper, so no need to paint the model digitally on your computer or with brush and paint

On the same blog you'll also find a 1:1200 HMS Roberts and a 1:1200 RMS Titanic

I remember you once wrote about your plans to release some of your modelsheets in a book, I hope this project has not been shelved forever, as I was more than interested in buying such a book

Last edited by Foute Man; 01-29-2021 at 05:52 AM. Reason: typos & grammar