View Single Post

Old 01-29-2021, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 56.40 MB
Thank you indeed, Foute Man.

I already have Warships in Miniature.

Making progress on Kongo. The prototype is slightly larger than 1:1000, so it should be good at the smaller scale too. I'm using the Office of Naval Intelligence deck and side views. I have ALL the ONI recognition manuals, including the never-completed (thanks to the November 1942 scuttling) one of the French fleet. Good drawings of Dunkerque and Strasbourg in that. See all of them on my CoatneyHistory webpage.

I'm going to have to re-do the tall pagoda forward superstructure. The cylindrical supports in it leaned forward, giving it its distinctive look. Even then, I will be simplifying it.

I have those downloads for Chokai and Oyodo, unassembled.

That other Japanese website is intriguing - beautiful coloration! - but parts are left out of the models shown ... probably so you'll buy into his work. The Kongo class were definitely NOT flush deck as it is there, which is why I have been deterred until now from tackling it.

But Kongo is a MUST class for 1:1200/1250, already in metal, of course, but that doesn't ship or carry easily.

I've dropped my paper models on the floor without any damage whatsoever. Of course, I use fairly heavy cardstock paper.

Last edited by LouCoatney; 01-29-2021 at 02:20 PM.