View Single Post

Old 01-31-2021, 06:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
I understand what you mean with the Ju88a scheme, information provided by model companies do not follow the latest insights by historians. I learned that lessons in the times I was making textures for various WW2 flight sims. However I could fix those "errors" without much effort, as I only needed to change some parts of the Photoshop template and that is a bit easier to do than changing an already built model

A very good example of insights that have changed is the scheme of the famous Do17z from 1./KG 76 during september 1940. This aircraft has often been shown in illustrations with white bars on wing and fins. However, the most recent historical theories suggest these bars painted on KG 76 aircraft weren't white, but probably pink.... And Devil as staffel (squadron) emblem was only painted on some aircraft, not all, and only for a short period in 1940

But yes, making textures was my hobby and I kept a lot of textures for myself, and just enjoyed making those textures, accurate or not. Having fun is still the most important reason to have a hobby

Wellenmuster (= wave pattern) is by definition meant as camouflage for aircraft flying anti-shipping mission and it was applied on KG 26 aircraft, as the image from the previous post shows. KG 26 probably converted to the Ju88a early 1943

For future projects I can highly recommend the forum on 12oclockhigh.net as a great source. You will find leading aviation historians\writers among the members, and they are always willing to answer any question you ask about any mission flown, by any airforce from any nation, not just the Luftwaffe

Last edited by Foute Man; 01-31-2021 at 06:54 AM. Reason: typos & grammar