View Single Post

Old 02-06-2021, 10:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 338.1 KB
Quote:
You will need to attach your photographs to your post, you can't link them yet.
I have attached the images below of Keisuke Saka's instructions, which represents closely to what I'm looking out for.

Quote:
I did this "reverse process" in Sketchup (but any 3d and CAD software will do), but not for whole model only on few parts of it.

You have to trace every part with the curve to "cut it out" and then manualy positin each part fo form the object. For bigger model it will be not fast. If you do not have any experience with 3d softwares there is some learning curve.

How did you design your papercraft? In 2d or 3d?
I'm current using sketchup to make my models(image attached below)
When it comes to sketchup its really easy and fast to make the models but very hard to restructure the template files (exported through pepakura) back into its 3d form.

I need a way or a 3d software which can get these templates back and I can digitally/manually fold them into their end result. The same as I would do in a physical space.

Quote:
Do you mean to create instructions from a 3D mesh file or from a built physical paper model?
Its a 3d model designed in sketchup.

Quote:
If you have a 3D mesh you will need skills to take the finished geometry apart in your 3D app and then position the parts for each build step and render them.
My 3d skills are pretty limited right now, but I'm open to go through a learning process if I can get the desired results. The advantage for me is that my models will be having a limited number of flaps.

Thank you all for reverting!
Attached Thumbnails
Software for Making Assembly Instructions of 3D Models??-k1.jpg   Software for Making Assembly Instructions of 3D Models??-k2.jpg   Software for Making Assembly Instructions of 3D Models??-my-3d-model-sketchup.jpg