View Single Post

Old 02-21-2021, 02:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.28 GB
Talking Beware Pirates! Self Destruction awaits ya'll. Arrrrrrggggg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Uhu tried covering the page (background) with stuff.
It just pissed everyone off because of the amount of printing ink required to print the pages!

When saving a file as a PDF, I have the options of restricting editing of the PDF page (a password is required to import the PDF into an editing software)
and
restricting printing of the page (read/eyes only).

Unfortunately, these encryptions don't work with all software, and people can still mess with my files.

What I would really like is some hidden code that deletes the file if you try to make a copy or upload it to the interwebs!
A self-destruct mechanism built in! lol

This paper model, if you choose to pirate it, will self destruct in 5 seconds. Good luck Mr Phelps.
I like your idea of Self-Destruct code embedded within the file! LOLz. Regarding the piracy of paid models and free sharing, what is practical is to release models for Free but to charge for special request repaints and mods. OR to TO DISCOVER A NEW FILE FORMAT WHICH ONLY ALLOWS PRINTING DIRECTLY FROM ONLINE WEBSITE BUT BLOCKS DOWNLOADS! ANYWAYS, PIRACY IS NOT AN ISSUE IF YOU COULD DESIGN AND SELL MORE AT SHORT TIME THAN THE PIRATES PLUNDERING & SHARING/SELLING IN THE MARKET.

Have a Good Day! Arrrrrggggg