View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 03:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Rebuilt the left hand side of the model with the new side parts and added details.

Built two of the full design breach pods along and added the docking ports on the main ship hull parts. You can see a wire coming off of each of the breach pods, it's a length of that flexible twist wire you get on new products to secure cables. I am using them as a way to attach them to the final model to give the appearance of them being launched.

The parts aren't final yet, they still need some post work touch up to hide fold lines and correct some minor build errors I am also thinking about replacing the twist wire on the breach pods with folded out paper clips as I think they may be more secure.

*edit*

Attached the part and did a quick mock test of pod attachment. It seems to work. Not sure how it will hhold up but as a quick test it seemed to do the job quite nicely and if I use a display stand with a black backing rather than the temp stands I am using in the picture it should hide the wire pretty well.
Attached Thumbnails
Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-ra4.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-ra5.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-ra6.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-ra7.jpg   Protogen Amun Ra - Stealth Frigate (The Expanse)-ra8.jpg  

Last edited by Cheesy Wotsit; 02-22-2021 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Quick update