View Single Post

Old 02-26-2021, 06:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 46.91 MB
Diorama : Apollo 11 Lunar Module (LM)

Hello everyone,
I still remember that night of July 21, 1969 ... Despite our young age, our father had authorized us ,my brother and i, to stay up late at night so that we could watch this incredible event that had to be experienced live: the first step on the moon. We were dumbfounded, amazed and had become aware of the technological progress of man and his thirst for discovery. These moments marked the generations of the moment with that huge feat.

So, here is my new diorama showing the Apollo 11 mission and its LM on the moon.
The free 1:48 scale model comes from the site U-DON'S FACTORY a Japanese site offering several models designed by its owner.
This model has 10 parts pages and 14 instruction pages. The model is compliant without being ultra detailed.
However, as usual, I tried to recreate as much realism as possible.
Apart from a few pieces modified or added here and there, the major difficulty was to visually reproduce the layers of gold and silver protection surrounding this spaceship. To do this I found a very interesting but relatively complex solution.
You certainly know these survival blankets with a silver color on one side and gold on the other.
I therefore covered all the parts concerned with pieces of this material in gold or silver as needed.
My technique consists of crumpling the cut piece of material as much as possible and then gluing it with superglue on the part or the area concerned without stretching it.
(still plan a yoga session every 15 minutes with relaxing music ...)
For astronauts, I downloaded from Canon's Creative Park the "NASA Spacesuits" https://creativepark.canon/en/contents/ ... index.html which I reduced to 1:48 (Aldrin who descends of the LM has been modified).
The flag, the solar wind measurement system, the base, the background are personal creations. I worked with a maximum of period photos and photos of US museums.
Attached Thumbnails
Diorama : Apollo 11 Lunar Module (LM)-paskal-apollo-11-1.jpg   Diorama : Apollo 11 Lunar Module (LM)-paskal-apollo-11-2.jpg   Diorama : Apollo 11 Lunar Module (LM)-paskal-apollo-11-3.jpg   Diorama : Apollo 11 Lunar Module (LM)-paskal-apollo-11-4.jpg   Diorama : Apollo 11 Lunar Module (LM)-paskal-apollo-11-5.jpg  

Last edited by Paskal; 02-26-2021 at 06:27 AM.