View Single Post

Old 02-28-2021, 08:59 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Thank You David, Joe and Don.

Renaud sent to me a series of large drawings showing various areas of the ship. Included were some detailed drawings of the upper hull, as seen from above. I was able to “stitch” together five of them that showed the ship from bow to stern (Image 034). That allowed me to make horizontal measurements for many of the items in the sides of the upper hull, such as portholes, 138mm gun ports, hatches and torpedo net booms. If I am interpreting the drawing correctly, it also seems to be providing some detail of the boat storage inside the shelter deck.

So this group of photos shows the upper hull, as I slowly work my way toward the stern.

“Merci beaucoup” Renaud.
If I ever get the opportunity to travel to Blangy-Tronville, I will buy you lunch at your favorite Café, perhaps in Amiens, where we will enjoy une entrée, le plat principal and of course, desert. . . while I listen to your stories about these grand ships.

Kind Regards,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-034-overhead-detail-drawing.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-035-port-mid-ship-upper-hull.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-036-starboard-bow-upper-hull.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-037-starboard-stern-upper-hull.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-038-starboard-stern-upper-hull.jpg