View Single Post

Old 09-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Pond Racer

Thank you Yogi for your comments. Words are knowledge, knowledge is power. Just look at Obama, If I had the ability to articulate my words like he can, I could sell sand to an Arab, Ice or snow to and Eskimo, bottle water to the French. Remember that Evian spelled backwards is Naive. I bet the French laughed all the way to the bank when the Americans thought they were cool, drinking bottle water like the French. :D:D:D But I digress.

Now to continue with the build.

Test fitted the wings through the slots.

Made the last sections of the engine nacelles. The left nacelle scoop is on the wrong side. To compensate for this i made three other scoops and placed them on both side of the nacelles. This makes it inaccurate but it looks good. and considering the overheating of the engines, maybe they should have had a few more air intakes.

Started on the Spinners. I have this hole puncher that works on the same principle as the old hand drill. It is made by Martha Stewart Inc for her line of handi-crafts, and it comes with three different size hole attachment that stow in the handle.

For cutting out circles more than 1/2 inch, I use this curved tip scissors. Do not buy the cheap ones but the strong stainless steel which will last longer and not break at the swivel joint.

I used my circular protractor for the folding of the spinner tips. It helps to hold the tips while you glue them from the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Pond Racer Build Thread-089.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-090.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-091.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-092.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-093.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-094.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-095.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-096.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-097.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-098.jpg