View Single Post

Old 03-11-2021, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Brother ink is just as expensive as HP printers. Always heard Brother ink was cheaper, that is not the case anymore. Mike
Just to pick up on Mike's point ... I have been running a Brother MFC-J6510DW for a few years now. I bought an IRIS CISS unit to go with it but I've never bothered to fit it ... Why? Because I find the Brother ink cartridges so easy to refill with cheap bulk supply ink, and I have found that the printer doesn't know the difference. So I've not noticed whether Brother ink is as dear as the other OEM inks or the print quality is lower.

I do also have a cheapo Canon MG2450 hooked up to a different PC out in the conservatory. I bought the printer simply to access the Canon Premium models which (at the time) were only accessible using a Canon Pixma printer and the Canon Image Garden app that comes with it. The supplied starter ink cartridges ran out after printing five models ... ... so I bought some "Compatible" carts, which the printer refused to recognise ... So a quick Google came up with a U-tube vid on how to refill the OEM Canon carts and it's been running fine on Jet-Tec inks ever since. Not that it has been used much since I successfully printed off the sixty-odd Premium models I was after, but it does act as a convenient copier for the Mrs as it is permanently plugged in. A prod on the start button brings it into play as a photocopier without having to boot up the PC and it goes back to sleep again if not used for more than two minutes.