View Single Post

Old 03-11-2021, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Hi John,

What brand of ink bottle refills do you prefer?

Thinking of trying some.

Mike
I use Jet-Tec inks. However, I must admit that I bought my current set of four colours in 250ml bottles several years ago through an online store (CPC UK | Electronic Parts & Components, Raspberry Pi) that no longer stocks them. There is a website shown on the bottles which is still live ( Jet Tec - Refill Kit Instructions ) but I haven't attempted to contact them directly yet as I'm still half full. I believe they were Isle-of-Man based.

I also use a waste ink capture device on my main printer and re-use this mixed ink (50/50 with fresh) to top up the black cartridge, so my supply of black ink lasts even longer. It's never noticeably greyed on me yet.

I inject the ink with a set of blunt needled hypodermic syringes that were originally supplied with a Jet-tec refill kit, but they are cheaply available from wish.com. Syringes and needles are supplied separately though. Of course, exactly where to drill the refill holes and resealing them is a trade secret, but U-tube usually supplies the info for most makes.