Thread: Geli X-15
View Single Post

Old 03-13-2021, 02:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
That may be the X-15 that was converted into a land speed record vehicle, by adding four wheels. A really bad idea that killed the young lady driving it.
Actually looking at pictures of the NASA chase plane, converted to an automobile, it doesn't seem to have the same tail number.

There were only three X-15's ever built. One of them was destroyed in a deadly accident high up in the sky, the two others, being significant historic objects, are of course displayed in museums. This is not the kind of plane one would ever even consider converting into a land-based speed record machine.
(and on that note, I also would vote against just adding wheels to an F-104 for such a purpose. But that might just be me. (-; )

And about the model itself, the colours and print look really good. I just am wondering, adding to David Hanners' remark on how the fuselage is designed in this model, whether there actually wasn't a more noticeable angle in the fuselage where the side tunnels extend from the fuselage tube.

Last edited by Paper Kosmonaut; 03-13-2021 at 02:25 AM.