View Single Post

Old 03-13-2021, 02:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Thank you!

Thank you Foute Man for the correction. It seems that I am the foute modelbouwer, and you are the Rechtsaf Man!

And yes, Ponytail, the PDF was rasterized. Try to contact the firm that did the reconstruction for a fresh vector file. If not reconstruct. I printed my model in draft to see how it looked and could not resist building it. But be careful with the control tower and the upper level room. You need to cut part of the back wall to form them. I didn’t notice that until it was constructed and was time for the roofs. I needed an extra sharp knife.

JohnM, the Dragon was scratch build and is almost 2.5 D, maybe 2.75. I volumized the fuselage boxy style, and the engines are 2D. Bruno has at least two Dragon Rapides in 1/100 (191 and 811), as for the Tiger Moth there is Zio. A challenge nevertheless but, I have done Zio’s Gladiator in 1/400. Also, I have seen a Dragon Rapide as a flying 2.5D model.
Biplane (Red) - Paper Airplanes - Toys - Paper Craft - Canon Creative Park
You may chose to do a hybrid in 1/300 using Bruno’s fuselage, and glued digitally the wings and control surfaces. That would simplify construction.

Thank you Thumb Dog, the Papermau site has a virtual model of the airport. Very nice indeed, but the link is inactive.

Thank you Herky.
Attached Thumbnails
Aviodrome of Schiphol-pict3136b.jpg  

Last edited by wireandpaper; 03-13-2021 at 02:26 PM.