View Single Post

Old 03-19-2021, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
More cockpit work

Wow, such a lot of responses! Thank you Texman, Llaut Mallorquin, Isaac, Glen, David, Ab, Mike, Dan, Gary, Tom, Dan and Don. Well appreciated!

@ Texman: No only a mandrel, eventually a small tip has to extend from one of the heads, so it's a bit of a double purpose.
@ Isaac: Yes, the door (or hatch) will be in open position, as well as the canopy slid backwards for a good view on the cockpit internals.
@ Glen: Well, in fact there is a fitting issue but more about that later....

Continued with the cockpit details, partly made of plastic (sorry) rods that form the structure at the former on which the pilot's seat will be located. It's all pretty small but doable. Paint touch-ups with Tamiya Cockpit Green XF-71. In some instances I used light grey marker instead of the cockpit green. In fact, grey always works for edge coloring.

Slowly by slowly the cockpit takes shape after putting the various small parts in place at either the right or left side. Truly amazing, and one of the many attractive aspects of a Halinski model.
Although it looks rather flimsy there's a gradual increase of structural strength, luckily. It certainly helps to already install the box-like structure, including former, of part no. 12 at this stage of the build. I got the impression that the rear former (1r) is a bit too big and I sandpapered the circumference slightly. Everything else fits perfectly.

Next will be the pilot's seat, by the looks of it a tedious job...

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski 1:33 Spitfire Mk 1a-img_e4768.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Spitfire Mk 1a-img_e4769.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Spitfire Mk 1a-img_e4912.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Spitfire Mk 1a-img_e4913.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Spitfire Mk 1a-img_e4917.jpg  

Halinski 1:33 Spitfire Mk 1a-img_e4918.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Spitfire Mk 1a-img_e4919.jpg