View Single Post

Old 03-20-2021, 12:32 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
06 – Upper Hull

Thank you Ab, Joe, David, Dan and Greg.
I appreciate the response. Glad to see your interest.

Here are several new photos to show the completion of the hull.

The addition of a stern platform shows the influence from Russian and French Predreadnought battleships. I have heard this sort of thing called an “Admiral’s Walk”. I don’t know the history behind the phrase. Perhaps somebody following this work can add some comments about that. The platform “wings” serve two purposes: First as propeller guards, second as gun platforms. I will probably mount 47m Hotchkiss type guns, one on each platform.

The final image (044) shows the armor belt installed from bow to stern. The graphic use of “rivets” can be seen throughout the armor belt and upper hull. I first saw the technique used on the Digital Navy Russian battleship “Oslabya” that I built in 2009. I always admired the way it enhanced the appearance of the hull, so I included it here.

There will be a number of design characteristics that will be spontaneous with this project.
One of them appears in image 040. I had not planned it in advance, but I created a “Coat Of Arms” that looks about right for the stern.

I have not yet made a final decision about those “gold” propellers. I may yet change the color to what I used on Neptune.

Kind Regards,
Mike

Attached Thumbnails
Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-039-stern-platform.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-040-stern.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-041-port-bow-armor-belt.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-042-hull-overview.jpg