View Single Post

Old 03-26-2021, 03:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
This week's addition to the Koowlheelz Original 16 series is the 1968 Hot Wheels "Custom Firebird".

Another Harry Bradley design (for Mattel) based on a reallife production car: the 1967 Pontiac Firebird 400 Convertible...a two-door "pony car" of the era.
The Pontiac Firebird was the twin sister to the Chevrolet Camaro, being assembled on the same General Motors F-Body chassis.

The original Hot Wheels Custom Firebird was produced from 1968 to 1970, manufactured in both Hong Kong and the US factories,
and it was available in all Spectraflame paint finishes with a number of variants that included alternate interior colors.
Of note, red and blue interiors being the rarest (in Hong Kong models).
The Hong Kong versions also featured a different Steering Wheel, slightly larger Engine Hood bulges, and a lack of side door panel lines.

A retooled version of the Custom Firebird appeared in 2018.

As before, I have added a reproduction of the original Collectors Badge (for this model) to the model sheet.
And because this model is a bit more complicated to build...it features an open interior...an Assembly Sheet is also available (at papermodelforum.com).

Find the model download in the Showrodz-Toys-Original 16 section of Koolwheelz.