View Single Post

Old 03-29-2021, 10:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Life size Buzz's left arm started

Dear all

So having built one arm I now know what is involved. So it was onto Buzz's left arm. This I decided to build from the former of the wrist up. So first was cutting out the former

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14133.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14135.jpg

which then has to go inside an incredible slim wrist part

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14134.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14136.jpg

The first of the arm rings was then made and the wrist attached to it

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14137.jpg

This was then immediately strengthened on the inside of the wrist

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14156.jpg

as well as the outside

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14157.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14158.jpg

Then it was forming the "rings" of the arm and then attaching them one at a time

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14175.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14176.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14177.jpg
Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14178.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14179.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14180.jpg

The strange tab you can see in the last ring is where the "armpit" is. In the 1/4 model this area is just left as an opening which you should not see when the arm is glued to the torso. For Neil's left arm I simply made a small "well" at this point since the "hole" was quite small. However on Buzz's left arm is considerably bigger so will need to "sculpt" it properly.

The parts are getting pretty big by the time you to the shoulder of the arm and getting the glue down into the tabs is a bit of a handful as you can see

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14181.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14182.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14183.jpg

So all in all progress in moving on nicely I think and finishing off the arm should be straightforward since it is very similar to Neil's left arm

Regards

Kevin