View Single Post

Old 04-01-2021, 12:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Unhappy Post scrept- 10 years later

The long and short is that this model never made it beyond the phase I noted last ( 10 years ago ). It really was an Alpha test and not a Beta build because of the various issues noted at the time. Ron refused to acknowledge it and basically thought he was ready to publish it.

Background:
Ron got the model from someone else and then proceeded to make modifications with the intent to improve it.

He contacted me for a Beta build. I accepted.

he printed the model in 1/48 scale and sent it to me.

I started building the model.

I found issues in both accuracy and assembly ( it was difficult for me to follow his exact directions ) . I brought it to Ron's attention, but he got angry and dismissed it all.

Ron became very adversarial and did not like my building method. His PMs to me were also nasty in nature.

I decided to finally stop this toxic relationship because Ron became verbally abusive on this thread and privately.

The model remained incorrect and Ron did not make any attempt to correct it.

A personal observation :
Shortly after I stopped this build, Ron passed away ( I think cancer ). I suspect that may have been a factor in his demeaner and contributed to his anger.

I thought someone would take his B-17 and fix it. Nothing came out of it.

Isaac