View Single Post

Old 04-02-2021, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.46 MB
Thanks for the quick replies.

airdave: I will definitely start at the rear and work my way forward as you suggest. I was confused by the assembly drawing that came with the kit, as Inwald has a picture of the fillet piece attached to the wing before the wing is attached to the fuselage. I didn't think that was a good idea. I am learning the importance of dry-fitting before gluing. I am also using fast dry glue and was trying to glue the piece in place in one go. I will use a slow set glue to give me time to reposition as I am sure it will be required. All good

rockpaperscissor: Thanks for the pre-forming breath tip. I will try it when forming the fillet parts. Smaller scale kits are my goal - less space required for display! I was using this larger scale as a learning experience in completing a paper build. I may re-scale this kit and try again - or - start a new project in a smaller scale.

Vermin_King: Lol - I tried to avoid problems but with this build I am constantly fixing problems. I still am having fun.

I went through the First Cuts threads and didn't find one on wing fillet. I did find a thread on Vacuum Forming clear canopies. Great information and it may well be the process I need to follow to build the canopy.

Vacuum form

Another challenge............ More fun than pain so far.................