View Single Post

Old 04-02-2021, 11:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Ruben did not proceed any further( to my knowledge ) with the project as it needed additional work, and corrections....
Isaac (and all who may be interested):

I did not went any further in the digital clean-up of that kit because of several reasons:
  • Despite Ron giving me the rights to this kit in his will before dying of cancer, my research was fruitless as to who had originally designed the kit.
  • The last version of the kit, as Ron sent it to me, was identical up to about 95% to the old Maly Modelarz kit from 1991, with only slight exterior modifications. No original drawings could be found of the templates prior to Ron's modifications.
  • All the interior Ron designed was his original work, but mostly inaccurate. So I redesigned the whole interior from the nose to the tail.
  • Another reason why I stopped was the realization that John Dell's kits and the more recent Maly kit are vastly superior in design and details, and far more accurate. Ron's kit would have needed an immense amount of work to make it reach current standards. It can be done, but in the end it would be no better than those already existing.
Since I could never determine how Ron got hold of the design, I decided to stop to avoid any possible copyright problems. Is just too similar to the old Maly.

I have no desire to work any further on that kit. It was an interesting experience, but a dead end.

The photos below show the state up to where I advanced. And it still needed several corrections. But I decided to stop right there because of the reasons above.

I believe if anyone is searching for a B-17, John Dell designed a beautifully textured and very accurate fleet with several variants.
And the 2012 Maly kit is also a very accurate model, and a great option for those wishing to have a pre-printed kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Ron's B-17G Beta build by Isaac-img_1497_resize.jpg   Ron's B-17G Beta build by Isaac-img_1521_resize.jpg   Ron's B-17G Beta build by Isaac-img_1522_resize.jpg   Ron's B-17G Beta build by Isaac-img_1533_resize.jpg