View Single Post

Old 04-17-2021, 07:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

it's managed! In the meantime, the 8th Crawler chain is finished and the Crawler is already almost Ready for Rollout!

So here is the short farewell to a certainly stressful and monotonous for everyone, but necessary chapter ...

With the pinned couples the final countdown was ushered in,

and then the time had finally come, and the 456 Track Shoes have become now to the 8 Crawler chains. And the 8 Pins for closing the chains are also left over.

Since the 16 Drive Sprockets are already finished, I will soon have to think about which parts of the trucks I will build from the Paper kit, or will scratch, or whether I should fall back for some tricky details to the 3D modeling skills of my friend Joe (crackerjazz) from the ARC Forums followed by 3D printing ...

Very helpful for this would also be the generous offer from Sascha1990 in his German Raumcon thread (Reply #14) NASA Crawler + LUT and Saturn V as 3D print of his monster crawler for making the 3D STL Files available for general use on his homepage. Unfortunately nothing has been seen of him since then, as well as that he has not yet responded to my recent request too ...

So let's see, time will tell!

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)