View Single Post

Old 04-17-2021, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
The only difference between the two egyptian F-7B apart from the serial is the canopy. Earlier front-hinged canopy with aft windows for the one on the left, making it the same config as the PLAAF J-7I. Definitive rear-hinged canopy with a separate windshield for the one on the right, making it the same config as the PLAAF J-7II. The scheme is a bit speculative as the pictures I have are few. Two guns and only 2 wing hardpoints (not 4) for these.

The Bangladesh Air Force F-7 are an F-7MB as currently flown by sqn 25 "Trendsetters" (serial in 4xx) alongside the L-39 Albatross, an F-7BGI from sqn 35 "ThunderCat" (serials in 7xx) (and I'm once again earwormed with ThunderCats theme song) and two F-7BG of sqn 5 "Defenders" (serials in 9xx), one in the older dark blue camo. If I were to do an earlier F-7MB as flown by sqn 5/35, the scheme and colors would be different (darker grey scheme). At some point the MB gained a chaffs/flare dispenser in the ventral fin (as seen on the BG & BGI) but the pic I have of 426 in these colors shows the original version. The F-7BGI were the last F-7/J-7 ever built. They only have one gun instead of 2 on the MB and BG.

The Iraqi F-7B uses a desert scheme that was also used on an F-7M prototype. My version was done from pictures of said F-7M prototype. It's really an M as it has 4 wing hard points (the outer wing hard points were added on the F-7M and the J-7IIH and later) and an angle of attack vane on the left side of the nose (it appeared on the J-7IIA, disappeared on the J-7IIH, returned on the F-7M).

The iraqi MiG-21F-13 is the plane that defected to Israel in 1966 and was used flown by the US in the "Have Doughnut" program. I haven't done the israeli schemes yet.

I wish I could find pics of the Sudanese F-7B. I wonder which version it looked like. J-7I, J-7II or F-7M?
Attached Thumbnails
boxy planes in 1:250-prmodels-cafe-printouts-iq-us.jpg   boxy planes in 1:250-prmodels-cafe-printouts-eg.jpg   boxy planes in 1:250-prmodels-cafe-printouts-bd-2.jpg   boxy planes in 1:250-prmodels-cafe-printouts-bd-1.jpg  

Last edited by cafe; 04-17-2021 at 01:30 PM.