View Single Post

Old 04-17-2021, 10:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
While working on the sail, I was also working on adding the shrouds to the mast. Today, I finally finished seizing the ends around the deadeyes, and started the process of reeving the lanyards through the deadeyes.

One issue I ran into is that the holes in the cardboard deadeyes close up from the soft cardboard material. I tried running a need through them to open them up, and I tried drilling them out. Problem is that they close up again – at least enough to keep the rigging line from threading easily through the holes.

I finally use some thin CA on the deadeyes, which hardened the cardboard. Then, I could drill them out and the holes pretty much stayed clear. However, I did run the needle through them just before threading the line through. This worked like a charm.

The only trick is that it was hard to reach the lower deadeyes and drill them out. I had to hold a block of wood behind them as I drilled out the holes. It was the only way I could get leverage on them.

If you look closely, you might notice that I also added some of the blocks and cleats to the deck and hull. Still more of those to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2373.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2372.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2382.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2383.jpg  

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com