View Single Post

Old 04-18-2021, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

now that the 8 Crawler chains are finished, I stowed them safely in a box so that they don't get dusty and nothing happens to them.

And now to a sad story, which is connected with the generous offer from Sascha1990 to share the 3D STL files of his Monster-Crawler in his much noticed thread NASA Crawler + LUT und Saturn V als 3D Druck as well as with the following radio silence of the master since then.

About the connections I have now received more information in the NSF forum (forum.nasaspaceflight.com).

Since I was quickly enthusiastic about his great project at the time and we were in a daily exchange of ideas, I had suggested him in a PM in autumn 2018, to post about also it in the NSF forum, whereupon he then had started a thread Crawler Transporter 1/48 3D-Print, in which he had announced his idea of a true-to-scale model of the NASA Triology (Crawler, LUT, Saturn V) in 1/48 what had aroused great interest there.

In it he had also announced that his 3D STL files for the 3D printing of the Crawler would be made available for general use, that he would then upload on Thingiverse what he has also done, as I've learned now from an NSF friend.

At the same time as printing and building his crawler, he had already started with the 3D modeling of the Launch Umbilical Tower (LUT).

In his post Reply #17 one could read that he had to remove his project on Thingiverse because some people attacked him very aggressively in private messages, which I was surprised about, but without having given it any further thought, because I couldn't do anything with this portal at the time.

But that was apparently the reason for his sudden disappearance, both in his German thread and in the NSF forum.

As I've found out from my US friend today, he actually made his Crawler 3D STL files available on Thingiverse at the time, but my friend hadn't downloaded them immediately because he was already looking for a 3D printer and nearly almost had bought one.

When he was on the platform again, he was horrified to see that the 3D files and their master had meanwhile been gone, after which he didn't show up ...

Here is the comment of my frustrated friend:

A lot of people were putting heavy pressure on him to share his LUT files as well, many were unkind ... You know how people can be ...
I can only imagine what some of those cretins were doing to him ...
Very sad ...

So the good-heartedness and unselfishness can be abused by such people ...
Let's see, maybe he'll get back at some point ...

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 04-18-2021 at 04:57 PM.