View Single Post

Old 04-19-2021, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 157.17 MB
USS BROOKLYN (ACR-3) - 1:200 model

Hello again to all paper modelers, in particular to ship's lovers..

As I wrote in my last thread about the model of Admiral Nakhimov cruiser, in this last month I worked also on a model in 1:200 scale of russian battleship Borodino and, since few weeks, I have also started a new yard : the american armored cruiser USS Brooklyn (ACR-3) launched on October, 2nd 1895 and decommissioned on March, 9th 1921.

As many of the models that I made in the past, also this ship has a very "strange" appearance... is not an elegant ship, but has "something" that has always attired me... probably the three tall funnels, or the tumblehome hull or all the many sponsons broadside hosting the secondary guns, or the strange look of the bow ...

Anyway... I have decided to start this model... bought the booklet and started to build the hull (as you can see from pics). All the sponsons ill be opened and all the secondary guns will be visible (as for all my last models). I like very much the effect of open parts that can permit to take a look inside the gun's places.

The pics are at the actual stage of building.. once terminated the lower hull, I'll try to use a filler to close the gaps between the hull sections, and fter I'll spray a primer + a dark red color, before to start the building of the secondary guns for close the tumblehome walls.

I'll try to be more "frequent" here to share how the build is going on.. But I already know that will be a long and not so simple model at all !!

Have a nice time and happy paper-modeling !!

ciao
Jp