View Single Post

Old 04-24-2021, 10:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Cool Orange Double Ki 55 Finished!

Well my friends!

Two more finished models that were prepared to be built a long time ago. These two Ki-55 repaints have been completed since 2019. The "Ida" training version is the same Ki-36 without combat, radio and reconnaissance equipment, with double command for intermediate training. One of the versions is that of the Fujimi plastic kit packaging representing an airplane from an unknown IJAAF training unit, the other I removed from the Kora Decals reference sheet, representing a training machine from the Imperial Air Force of Manchukuo, a Japanese puppet state. based on the failed Quing dynasty, the last to rule China as an empire.

As mentioned in the previous post, the construction techniques of the two models were the same used in the Ki-36 that I built last year and shown here. We have some small customizations transforming the face of the engine into formers and volumetrizing the exhausts. My repaints for the Ki-55 are based on the blank model number #3059 in Bruno's catalog and will soon be on sale at Ecardmodels.

Time to resume the builds of NiD 42 couple.