View Single Post

Old 05-03-2021, 06:23 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntBrother View Post
A very interesting and colourful design. Do you have plans anywhere so when I gain some experience I might make a copy for my shelf? I have been a member here for several years but now have some time to commit on this hobby. I noticed you said you used SketchUp to make the model. Most people I know use that for architecture. Do you find it good for naval architecture? Are you able to flatten all of the shapes using SU?

Regarding plans: Sorry I do not have any plans or drawings to send you for this ship. It was intended as simply a “one-of-a-kind” personal project, so I made no provisions to allow others to duplicate it.

Regarding SketchUp: Yes, it works well for naval architecture. I use it to create the parts and assemblies for nearly every area of the project. In fact, it has the potential to do much more than I use it for. Almost all of my work is done in 2D. But I think most people use it in 3D.
As far as I know, there are additional features called “Extensions” that can be downloaded for the program and are useful for things like flattening shapes. I have not used them, so I can’t provide any information for those.

Its nice to read you are planning to spend some time with this kind of work. I hope you enjoy it.
Mike

Last edited by Michael Mash; 05-03-2021 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Correct spelling