View Single Post

Old 05-04-2021, 05:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
In our last conversation I learned that there are actually still some kits available what I no longer believed. That's why I spontaneously decided to buy a kit and have received the proud part in a sturdy cardboard box a few days ago.

Here is an overview of the contents of the kit:

1 The kit comes in a solid card board box and is packed in a nylon bag to avoid damage from humidity. The red circle shows the placement of your serial number, for me 443/499.

2 Instructions manual with 48 pages

3 2 sheets of 300 g card stock – one A4 sized in gray, one half A4 sized in yellow (WWY2, WWY3)

4 2 sheets of A4 transparent film (TRNS1, TRNS2) for windows and gratings

5 1 sheet of black A4 tissue paper for Guide and JEL tubes as well as for steering cylinders (TPA)

6 12 sheets of 250 g card stock A3 (CHA1-CHA5, COR, CBL2, TOP, 4 x TRK2)

7 10 sheets of 120 g paper A3 (SMP, CBL1, 4 x TRK1, 4 x TRK3)

8 1 sheet of 100 g paper A3 (WWY1) and 1 sheet of 80 g paper A3 (PIT)

In the kit nearly everything has been thought of, both in terms of different paper/cardboard thicknesses and colors, as well as transparencies for windows in the driver's cab and gratings for covering openings in the crawler floor as well as for fans and walkways.

Since the truck booms contain breakthroughs and openings, these parts are printed on gray cardboard of the same color,

and partially even the backs of the sheets are printed with the backs of the parts.

And here is a look at the detailed and illustrative assembly instructions,

that one also can downloaded from the Homepage, here with a look at the detailed structure of a Propel motor.

And here for comparison the individual parts of a motor in the kit size (1/96) and about half the size in my scale 1/160 with my obligatory one reference Cent, from which it can be seen that it should be difficult, if not impossible, to tinker such a small motor respectively 16 pieces of it.

But maybe I should at least give it a try ...

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)