View Single Post

Old 05-05-2021, 12:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Tenochtitlan Aztec's Templo Mayor

Dear All:

I have been doing dad work with my daughter. I "helped" her doing the pyramid of the Great Temple of Tenoctitlan

Templo Mayor - Wikipedia

I based the design on the Cardboard / Karton model presented by Queen Bee J
Como hacer una piramide de carton (templo mayor de Tenochtitlan) - YouTube

I substituted the cardboard with foam board, which its easier to cut. I added a few details at the end made of soap. I was very impressed with the media and gave the figures a coat of paint, just in case. I included a Chac Mool (reclining guardian or something like that), the two sacrificial stones, and four serpent heads guarding the steps. I also added some P1@$+!( figures in 1/72. Needless to say that the pyramid is not to scale and still there is a lot of room for interpretation.

I was considering doing the paper model but no time!
I hope you like them.

ps: Is this is the right place? The foam board is covered by paper
Attached Thumbnails
Tenochtitlan Aztec's Templo Mayor-truncated-pyramid-1.jpg   Tenochtitlan Aztec's Templo Mayor-truncated-pyramid-2.jpg   Tenochtitlan Aztec's Templo Mayor-truncated-pyramid-3.jpg   Tenochtitlan Aztec's Templo Mayor-truncated-pyramid-4.jpg   Tenochtitlan Aztec's Templo Mayor-truncated-pyramid-5.jpg  

Tenochtitlan Aztec's Templo Mayor-truncated-pyramid-6.jpg   Tenochtitlan Aztec's Templo Mayor-truncated-pyramid-7.jpg   Tenochtitlan Aztec's Templo Mayor-truncated-pyramid-8.jpg