View Single Post

Old 05-09-2021, 05:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for the info on this vehicle, Kevin. I am enjoying the discussion and learningn from it.

I first learned about cycle cars from a book I purchased at the Cornell University Bookstore just before I graduated in 1962 and have periodically re-read with pleasure ever since. The book is Cecil Clutton and John Stanford, The Vintage Motor Car (London: Batsford, 1954, paperback reprint 1962). The book included an image of a G.N. cycle car that I always thought looked very good. According to Clutton and Stanford, the G.N. cycle cars were among the best. They dismiss most of the cycles cars ("a moderately-powerful two-cylinder engine of about 1100 c.c. in a crude frame with transmission by belt or chain" and usually with wire-and bobbin steering) as combining "grotesque mechanical features with phenomenal unreliability and frightful handling qualities." (p. 104) But the G.N. was apparently quite a good and reliable cycle car.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
tkpapercraft V8 Cycle Car-clutton-stanford_the_vintage_motor_car_cover.jpg   tkpapercraft V8 Cycle Car-clutton-stanford_the_vintage_motor_car_pl12_gn_cycle_car.jpg