View Single Post

Old 05-10-2021, 02:39 AM

Location: One of the most beutifull place on earth - Zur Hadassa, place neer Jerusalem.
Total Downloaded: 1.86 GB
Beautiful model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
As described in the Bible, scholars tell us that Noah's Ark was a huge rectangular wooden box coated inside and out with pitch. To improve stability it had no prow, and no steering gear either because there was nowhere to steer it towards. I don't hold with that. Surely, it looked more like this one.

I enjoyed building it more than anything else I've been involved with for a long time. Second childhood? Nah, it's still the first one.

It was published in book form as "Make Your Own Noah's Ark" by Rosemary Lowndes and Claude Kailer. Angus & Robertson, London, 1983 (ISBN 0 207 14559 8). The vessel is 24cm high and 48cm long. The parts pages were beautifully illustrated, as you can see, and printed both sides.

Oh, and you can change the weather on Mount Arafat by sliding the sun and/or cloud around the rainbow.
it's wonderful model and I'll be glad to find it and build it as well, one thing disturb me were is mount Arafat? as much as I know Arafat is dead for some time and anyway he wasn't related to Noah, it should be mount Ararat some were in Armenia/Turkey