View Single Post

Old 05-17-2021, 02:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabal276 View Post
I recently completed designing my first locomotive and decided to sell them as "booklets" just like many polish paper model companies.
From my very little experience, especially about sold kits, I think that the booklet is an extra cost, probably small for large quantities. I recently bought some kit from Edu-craft Diversion: they ship enrolled sheets in a plastic bag inside a cardboard box filled with some padding. It's cheaper and it's sufficient to keep under weight some days to re-flatten them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabal276 View Post
What puzzles me, however, is the type of printing they use...
I have built a few of them, and they are somewhat glossy, yet not laser printed. When the parts are folded/ creased, the ink does not 'crack' as in the case of laser printers. The Prints behave more like Inkjet-Printed pages.
In the past I had the opportunity to print some kits with a HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw; the templates never cracked even with thicker paper (220 gsm), having the foresight to use the right print settings.
The inkjet printers are definitely cheaper, but I find the print result more delicate. In the future I will have to use a spray coat after printing.

Just my 2 cents.