View Single Post

Old 05-25-2021, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Having being done both kinds, I'll say that a good plastic model from a good brand is superior, no discusion.
But the paper models have some advantages. First, you can reprint the parts each time you want. Second, it's more challenging. Third, it's easier to make changes, like another version of the plane (or even a sister ship that hasn't being released). You can do a very detailed repaint with any graphic program without worring about smudging the paint job.
It's cheaper, too. It means that you can build a lot more. You can gift or dump any model you feel unhappy with, and rebuild again without you wife being upset.

Having said that, I use a mixed metod that I don't think many can do, and it's to use all the parts (like cockpits, decals, wheels and weapons) that I have hoarded from my plastic years, and use them in my paper models. My Fw-190a-5, for example, has a plastic cockpit. Many of them have decals. And I reinforce them so they will last at least 30 years or more. And, seen them side to side, the difference is minimal and depend, of course, of each model and how good did you feld when you did it
Attached Thumbnails
Paper vs Plastic-fw-190a-40-.jpg   Paper vs Plastic-p-38-56-.jpg   Paper vs Plastic-meeting-2020-14-.jpg