View Single Post

Old 05-25-2021, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile Start of Breguet XIX project

Well my friends.

Continuing our biplane mood, and still on the French subject of the 20s and 30s, we started our Breguet XIX. Three repaints I asked Brent to make (a Breguet 19B2 Spanish nationalist (with Renault engine), a Polish one with experimental camo (with Lorraine Dietrich engine) and a modernized Ikarus 19 with radial engine P&W Wasp in the colors of the Royal Yugoslav Air Force when I attached to these I took a XIX Breguet from Bruno's catalog (one of the Bolivians) to precisely test a conversion to the Lorraine Dietrich engine which is in "W", for this we made new fairings that protect the engine heads.

Bruno when he designed the Breguets only made them with a Renault or Radial engine (P&W, Gnome-Rhonet), but the truth is that like other French airplanes of the period he could be interchanged with several different engines, so in the future in my own Breguet XIX repaints or corrections I must include the new ones engines. The conversion was made for the Bolivian and will be made for the Polish that Brent repainted for me. Tonight I must continue working on the fuselage, of Spanish and Polish planes.

An interesting artifice that Brent created pair of open cockpits to simulate them as a "dark box" creating depth. He does this with cylinders and I tested the technique in Bolivian Breguet, I can say that it works with adjustments.

A lot of people ask me how I cover the white corners of the models, usually with acrylic paint or PVA, although I also use marker pens, oil pastels, colored pencils, it depends on the tone and the design. Here the separate colors for this project.

Updates soon.