View Single Post

Old 05-27-2021, 01:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Hi John, Maybe you should check whether things already have been mentioned here on the forum itself (-: It's the station of my home town and I already linked the model and made a thread of my build of it in a tiny scale back in 2019...

No worries though, I like to see it being made and my city's beautiful station being promoted! Its official name however, is "Groningen Centraal Station", but in Groningen everyone calls it "Hoofdstation". Groningen Noord is another station we have and it's a very little ugly concrete building which spans across a road and should be immediately forgotten. It's just butt-ugly.

The model isn't antique, though. The paper model has been designed and published in 1996 by appointment of the Dutch Railways (NS), and after it was sold out, the model was archived in the Groningen Archives. Because of the Hoofdstation being elected most beautiful railway station of the Netherlands in 2019 the Groningen Archives made a deal with the Dutch Railways to reissue the model digitally.

... Oh and just a reminder that the original model sheet was printed on light cardstock and measured 25x70 cm. (9,84251968503937 x 27,5590551181102 in freedom measures) When printed on A4 you will get in the ranges of 1/487 or thereabout.

The Groningen Archives (where your link goes to) is the regional archive institute. We keep provincial, municipal and other governmental archives there, as well as a very extensive photographic and film collection (celluloid, video and digital), a regional WW2 archive, maps, charters, books and audio material, spoken word as well as a genuine pop archive. And I am honoured to be working there. (-: