View Single Post

Old 06-01-2021, 08:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.61 MB
Nikko Toshogu Shrine (Yomeimon) - Canon

I took the courage and faced what is considered the Canon's most complex model, 411 parts in 21 sheets, my highest part count in a build so far. I always wanted to build this model, but I always had the impression that the model would be extremely difficult, judging by the completed photos on the instructions.
Surprisingly, the building process is way less complicated than it looks. The base and 1st level can be built faster because of the simple structure it holds, and the area between the 1º level and the 2º level was kinda easy, just needed to build carefully and not rush anything, after 2 days I managed to finish this section. The 2nd level was easier than the 1st, but the area between the 2nd roof and the roof itself took about 3 days each, in total I needed almost 8 days to finish the model. This is for sure is the model I felt the most rewarded after finishing and the overall look is astonishing. Waiting for Canon to release a even more complex model to put my hand into it.

Cheers,

Gregory
Attached Thumbnails
Nikko Toshogu Shrine (Yomeimon) - Canon-20210601_213333.jpg   Nikko Toshogu Shrine (Yomeimon) - Canon-20210601_213350.jpg