View Single Post

Old 06-13-2021, 05:04 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
09 – Railing and Guns

Thank you BluntBrother, PX and Greg.

The first three images show the first template of railing for this project. I tried to show some of the process of applying the paint, which needs to be done on both sides.
This is "3-stringer railing" designed for the navigation and bridge decks.

To augment the main armament, Ulberht is being designed to carry eight 152mm (6-inch) guns in single turrets. Two will be located on the main deck, two will be located on the quarter deck, and four will be located in the sides of the upper hull. The barrels are rolled from paper. The turret sides, roofs and gun carriages are made of paper. The turret floors are made of card.

I am working to add extra details such as . . . . the features you see on the gun carriages . . . . also detailed sliding doors on the back of the turrets for entry & exit. Using the Macro mode on my camera, I was able to get a view of the printed rivets seen in image 69. The inspiration for the gun carriage design comes from drawings of French 138mm guns.

Kind Regards,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-065-nav-deck-railing-template.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-066-nav-deck-railing-template.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-067-nav-deck-railing-template.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-068-six-inch-gun-barrels.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-069-six-inch-turret-parts.jpg  

Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-070-six-inch-barrels-turrets-02.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-071-six-inch-turrets.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-072-six-inch-turrets-02.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-073-test-fit-starboard-6-inch-turret.jpg   Ulfberht Project Scratch Concept Design 1:250 Scale-074-side-mounted-six-inch-gun-turret.jpg  

Last edited by Michael Mash; 06-13-2021 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Added more comments