View Single Post

Old 06-14-2021, 04:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
hello papermodelfan, I suppose I have unusual taste in paper models, I like paper models that are not just for static display! Some examples are Astromedia has several kits of paper engines that run and also a little Night Light kit, and several other kits....now these are not "pure" paper but have some wire or aluminum foil or other bits in the construction.
next I have 3 paper models in my kit stash of stationary steam engines that can run on a balloon filled with air or more better yet, an aquarium pump air supply.
i have also built a small model cardstock jet that actually flys or more correctly glides pretty well for what it is.

I am currently on the hunt for a rather "salty" looking "harbour tug boat, the one I have found so far that is "close" to the look I was going for is:

Schreiber-Bogen Card Modelling Harbour Tug "Bulldog" this is not a super detailed model but kind of nice, the maker has video of waterproofing the boat models with varnish and actually floating them! I am not sure this is all that practical but just having the option to take the model off the mantle and floating it does have some appeal to me. I would be interested in other Harbour tug boat models as well.

these are some thoughts of where I am at right now, (pretty new to paper models) I am sure my tastes will evolve as I build!