View Single Post

Old 06-23-2021, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I don't you think you completely understood my points.
Those weren't "suggestions", they were demands and expectations. To you or any "designer"

If you can't design your own model: draw patterns and shapes in some sort of art creation program (or by pen and pencil on a sheet of paper)...
If you can't colour that model, add markings and details of your own creation...
If you can't add tabs, create basic assembly instructions, create a cover page as requested...
If you can't print and test build a model..
If you can't take photos of the finished model or get photos of your finished model...

then you shouldn't be "designing" models...you're not a "designer"
and therefore not a retailer (seller) of original designs.

I'd even question the distribution of free models.
Whether a model is paid for or acquired free, does not change ownership rights, intellectual properties, and rules of design and creation.

"Repainters" fall into a different category and live by different rules.
And they must still ask for permission to redistribute someone else work (repainted or not).

In my opinion: borrowing someone elses "3D model" or copying someone else's templates is not designing.
Using Pepakura to flatten out a 3D model and recreate the "skins" and textures" that were already there...is not designing.
In my store, I would not sell this "designers" work.

But of course, none of this matters if you tooks Sergey's model and tried to rebrand it as your own design.
Thats between you, and Sergey, and ecardmodels.