View Single Post

Old 06-23-2021, 12:10 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)

Models designed and made by Mauther (PAPERMAU) remain some of my favourites.

But recently I suddenly realised that I have only ever posted one of his models in this Forum and that was 9 years ago!

That model was Van Gogh's Yellow House - a very clever rendering of a painting! If you are not familiar with it have a look here...

Van Gogh's Yellow House by Mauther.

The most recent Papermau paper model I finished this month was the Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice. I promptly gave it away to someone who fancied it but enjoyed making it so much I have decided to quickly make another in between my other projects.

I also thought that it may be interesting to do a build thread at the same time, so here goes...

------------------------------------------------

The Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice can be found at

PAPERMAU: The Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice Paper Model - Beta Version by Papermau - Download Now!

The model is fairly straightforward and consists of 5 sheets of paper, with a total of 55 parts.

Picture 1 shows the 5 sheets.

I reduced the sheets a little when I printed them as I wanted a smaller model - I basically just "eyeballed" the size until it looked right and then printed the sheets on 180grm paper.

One aspect of many of Mauther's models is that they do not have any instructions, and do not in fact need any!

The models use an ingenious method whereby the parts that have to be glued to each other are numbered in such a way that you simply glue all numbers that are the same to one another!

Picture 2 shows the first sheet of the temple's base, and this illustrates the method clearly.

The base of the building is a simple box, with a door and two windows. The locations for the door and windows are numbered 1 to 3, and the respective parts that go there have the same numbers. This is clear if you look at the part sheet.

One nice thing about this (for me anyway), is that I like to cut everything out first if I can before making a model.

With this type of part numbering system being used for assembly, every part is numbered, so everything can be cut out and chucked into one box, without confusion at a later stage!

So for me, the first step is now just that - cutting everything out!
Attached Thumbnails
Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)-w-img_4132-2.jpg   Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)-w-img_4134-1.jpg