View Single Post

Old 06-27-2021, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower

Last Fall, family health matters had me stuck in the house where I grew up, with no trace of ship modeling tools or materials except text and images on the Internet.

In order to give me back a small part of my absent ship modeling self, I ordered a Shipyard paper model kit from Ages of Sail. I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to build the Dutch fluit Schwarzer Rabe (Black Raven) or the Dutch pinnace Papegojan. Both paper model kits are available and in 1/96-scale. I ended up buying the Schwazer Rabe for about $38.

The first steps go really quickly, fitting the laser cut framework pieces together, test fitting without glue. As I had access to paint and brush, I went ahead and blacked out some of the interior bulkhead walls that might end up visible on the completed model. When I was happy with the fit of everything, I glued everything together.

Keep in mind, this began as a filler project. I have many other main projects, so I'm just planning on working on this now and again. But, it's an interesting ship and I'll post another updates shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-1334-thickbox_default-1.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1420.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1424.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1439.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1440.jpg  

Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1445.jpg  

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com