View Single Post

Old 06-27-2021, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Next steps took place a little while later, as I was taking a break from other work and kind "into" this model.

One thing to note is that I ended up purchasing a laser-cut detail set specifically made for this kit by GPM (gpm.pl). This detail set, if I recall correctly, came with seven sheets of laser-cut card stock of varying sizes and thicknesses. These sheets included the parts like the anchors, figurehead, window frames, gratings, headrails, windlass parts, cannon carriages, railings, laser-etched decorative parts, deck pumps, gun port linings, sub-decks, ladders, catheads, and more. For about $16 plus shipping, it is a very good deal and a bit time saver.

Here's a direct link to the set: GPM laser cut detail set for Schwazer Rabe

So, here I added the decks and most of the first layer of the hull "skin". You'll also notice that I've added the finish planking on the exposed bulkheads. This was interesting as these feature individual horizontal planks that overlp (lapstraked). It was a bit of mental work for me to keep track of which way the planks were to go on, even though the overlap areas are marked on the printed pieces.

If you look closely, you can see where I messed up one of the planks. I won't tell you where!

Next time, I'll add the below-deck gun carriages.
Attached Thumbnails
Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1467.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1468.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1469.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1470.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1528.jpg  

Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1529.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1530.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_1531.jpg  

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com