View Single Post

Old 06-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Ok, the next step is to start the assembly.

I have decided that I will do two or three sub-assemblies and then join these all together for the final result!

The first assembly I started on was the base.

Picture 1 - The courtyard floor. This is glued to the floor piece to make the base. Reinforcing it with some cardboard seemed a good idea.

Picture 2 - So, I glued the courtyard and floor together, and then stuck some stiff cardboard to both pieces.

Picture 3 - This shows the resulting part.

Picture 4 - The parts that make up the courtyard. From left to right, anti-clockwise - the 3 stairs, 2 parts for the altar, 4 parts for two pillars at the end of the sidewalls, and lastly the 2 side walls.

Picture 5 - The stairs in place.

Picture 6 - This shows the parts ready to go on the base. Top to bottom - the 2 side walls, the altar, and the 2 pillars (now assembled) for the end of the walls.

Pictures 7 and 8 - The base complete. I have also in these pictures glued on the bases for the 4 pillars that hold up the first floor of the temple.

Something to note in the last picture is the way I have rotated the 4 base pillars - you can see the rotation of the 4 pillars from the alignment of the printed numbers on them. Why? Well, each base pillar part is identical, so rotating them in this manner means that a different side will be aligned to the front for variety!
Attached Thumbnails
Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)-w-c1.jpg   Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)-w-c2.jpg   Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)-w-c3.jpg   Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)-w-c4.jpg   Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)-w-c5.jpg  

Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)-w-c6.jpg   Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)-w-c7.jpg   Ancient Temple Of Sacrifice by Mauther (Papermau)-w-c8.jpg