View Single Post

Old 06-30-2021, 08:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thanks, All! You are right, Erik...I love the interiors a lot.

And Gary...I really wish you were right but alas...see below!

I started putting the fuse skins together. You can see in the shots that the designer has cleverly staggered seams that allow for a nice straight fuselage and he has also made the seams at actual plywood butt/lap joints. Looks great.

I have run into my first problem, though, and it hearkens back to the inner cockpit skins not matching up on top that Gary referred to. My cockpit tub is too big! I can't seem to wrap the skins around it (like me!). I am attempting to sand the tub and thin out the inner side of the paper skins as well hoping to remove just enough so that it will all fit, but I think I may need to redo the cockpit with thinner paper or make the skins with thinner paper. I bet that the paper I'm using is just a bit too wide and several "too wides" turn into large issues down the line. Bummer.

Of course, I can just reprint the whole kit if things really go wrong! I can also salvage all the interior part so we'll see what I do. Maybe take a break and work on the wings and tails. This model is too pretty to give up entirely!

More soon...once I get enough courage to figure out what to do! Paper can be a cruel mistress! :

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000874.jpg   Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000876.jpg   Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000877.jpg   Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000878.jpg