View Single Post

Old 07-03-2021, 11:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thank you very much, Sergio!

Well...I got the rest of the forward chin done. One shot is supposed to give you the idea that I basically cemented each piece individually. I cemented everything along the bottom on the left side before putting in the engine mount to give me a positive indication of where to actually cement that structure. Then, I slowly put in each of the small skins on the right side. They were each a little long and needed some trimming and thinning but I think it all turned out pretty well. It looks better in person as the digital camera is evil and pics up specks of dust and glue! This was all butt joints and they worked out very well. Again, the engineering on this kit is pretty phenomenal.

Finally, I did start making the cylinders as you see in the final picture. Steady as she goes!

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000892.jpg   Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000895.jpg   Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000896.jpg   Albatros DVa in 1/33rd from L.P. Igualada-p1000897.jpg